Colburn, Adams County, Wisconsin
|• Total||35.92 sq mi (93.02 km2)|
|• Land||35.90 sq mi (92.97 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||1,037 ft (316 m)|
|• Density||6/sq mi (2.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1582995|
Colburn is a town in Adams County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 223 at the 2010 census. The town was most likely named for Sherman Colburn, who immigrated to Wisconsin from Vermont in 1855 and became a farmer in the area.
Colburn is located at (44.112430, -89.656160).
As of the census of 2000, there were 181 people, 83 households, and 56 families residing in the town. The population density was 5.0 people per square mile (1.9/km2). There were 155 housing units at an average density of 4.3 per square mile (1.7/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 92.82% White, 0.55% African American, 3.87% Native American, and 2.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.87% of the population.
There were 83 households, out of which 14.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.8% were married couples living together, 6.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.5% were non-families. 24.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.18 and the average family size was 2.54.
In the town, the population was spread out, with 14.4% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 26.0% from 25 to 44, 32.0% from 45 to 64, and 20.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 48 years. For every 100 females, there were 123.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 115.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $35,250, and the median income for a family was $35,375. Males had a median income of $26,250 versus $15,313 for females. The per capita income for the town was $21,440. About 2.9% of families and 5.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.5% of those under the age of eighteen and 5.4% of those 65 or over.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Colburn town, Adams County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Callary, Edward. Place Names of Wisconsin. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press. p. 61. ISBN 978-0-299-30964-0.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.